“During my first two years in college, I was able to secure some top-notch internships thanks to my GYV experience. Employers really appreciate and value the important jobs skills I gained during my time at GYV.” – Emily Weinrebe, Tufts University
INVEST IN YOURSELF
What you choose to do this summer helps you build a résumé for college admissions. The Global Youth Village experience is unlike other opportunities and gives you an important edge.
The diversity of the population, the tech free zone, interactive workshops and the lessons learned from community living help you develop flexibility, global viewpoints and independent thinking. The team building process and emphasis on social responsibility enable you to work effectively in groups and manage projects. You could study academics on a college campus but you would miss developing the REALLY important skills above.
GET READY FOR COLLEGE
- Meet College recruiters
- Find out what are colleges looking for in an applicant?
- Explore what makes a good application and college essay?
GAIN PRACTICAL LIFE SKILLS
- Healthy Eating Habits/Nutrition Training
- Personal Balance/How to Communicate with Roommates (Dialogue!!)
- Organization/Time Management/Scheduling