Work with the Facilities Coordinator to ensure and maintain safe, clean program areas and living facilities at the Global Youth Village. Assist in the support of other program areas such a special programs or pool, as interests and primary duties allow.
- Ability to work independently, and determine priority of multiple tasks, with minimal supervision.
- Orderly, able to organize and handle lots of information and tasks.
- Ability to take initiative, and seek/accept guidance and feedback as needed.
- Ability to establish work priorities, respond to unanticipated needs, and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others.
- Good character, integrity, and flexibility.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, self-motivated.
- Desire and ability to work in a rural, camp setting.
- Conversant in English.
- Minimum age – 21.
- Holds a validU.S.or Canadian drivers license.
- High School graduate with at least one year post-graduation work experience or education.
Responsible to: Facilities Coordinator
- Stock bathhouses with paper products, soap and cleaning supplies, checking on a weekly basis.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the housekeeping supply room. Includes weekly inventory of supplies, turning in purchase order requests on a timely basis.
- Daily cleaning of GYV bath houses and select bathrooms. Cleaning of secondary bathrooms 3 times per week.
- Daily mopping of the dining hall.
- Clean workshop areas on a weekly basis, includes vacuuming and emptying trash.
- Sets up / cleans guest rooms as needed. (varies, perhaps once a week)
- Report maintenance needs to the facilities coordinator, as identified.
- Report any cited environmental hazards to facilities manager immediately.
- These may not be the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned, and others may be assigned as required.
- Evaluate procedures and tasks at end of season, making recommendations for next summer.
Secondary Duties (to be determined, depending on interests and skills):
- Offer free time activity options to youths
- Serve as a lifeguard or an assistant lifeguard at pool (training provided if a swimmer)
- Evening Programs – help w/ select evening events (design / deliver)
- Provide language support to participants as needed (tutoring or small classes)
- Serve as part of the evening programs sound tech team
- Photo documentation
- Back-up counselor
- Physical ability to lift, unload, move supplies and light pieces of furniture (chairs, folding tables).
- Sensory ability to determine cleanliness of program areas and bathrooms.
- Cognitive and physical ability to operate electrical and mechanical equipment safely (vacuum cleaner, lighting fixtures, etc.).
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards as sighted during the fulfillment of tasks.
- Cognitive and communication abilities to carry out multiple functions independently.