Janitorial & Support Services
Work with the Facilities Coordinator to ensure and maintain safe, clean program areas and living facilities at the Global Youth Village. Assist in the support of other program areas such a special programs or pool, as interests and primary duties allow.
- Ability to work independently, and determine priority of multiple tasks, with minimal supervision.
- Orderly, able to organize and handle lots of information and tasks.
- Ability to take initiative, and seek/accept guidance and feedback as needed.
- Ability to establish work priorities, respond to unanticipated needs, and complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others.
- Good character, integrity, and flexibility.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, self-motivated.
- Desire and ability to work in a rural, camp setting.
- Conversant in English.
- Minimum age – 21.
- Holds a validU.S.or Canadian drivers license.
- High School graduate with at least one year post-graduation work experience or education.
Responsible to: Facilities Coordinator
- Stock bathhouses with paper products, soap and cleaning supplies, checking on a weekly basis.
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the housekeeping supply room. Includes weekly inventory of supplies, turning in purchase order requests on a timely basis.
- Daily cleaning of GYV bath houses and select bathrooms. Cleaning of secondary bathrooms 3 times per week.
- Daily mopping of the dining hall.
- Clean workshop areas on a weekly basis, includes vacuuming and emptying trash.
- Sets up / cleans guest rooms as needed. (varies, perhaps once a week)
- Report maintenance needs to the facilities coordinator, as identified.
- Report any cited environmental hazards to facilities manager immediately.
- These may not be the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned, and others may be assigned as required.
- Evaluate procedures and tasks at end of season, making recommendations for next summer.
Secondary Duties (to be determined, depending on interests and skills):
- Offer free time activity options to youths
- Serve as a lifeguard or an assistant lifeguard at pool (training provided if a swimmer)
- Evening Programs – help w/ select evening events (design / deliver)
- Provide language support to participants as needed (tutoring or small classes)
- Serve as part of the evening programs sound tech team
- Photo documentation
- Back-up counselor
- Physical ability to lift, unload, move supplies and light pieces of furniture (chairs, folding tables).
- Sensory ability to determine cleanliness of program areas and bathrooms.
- Cognitive and physical ability to operate electrical and mechanical equipment safely (vacuum cleaner, lighting fixtures, etc.).
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards as sighted during the fulfillment of tasks.
- Cognitive and communication abilities to carry out multiple functions independently.