Join Our Village Staff Team!
Positions open. Please visit us January when we will begin hiring for the GYV’s summer 2017 season.
GYV’s diverse team represents a wide range of professions as well as those seeking more youth work experience. All share a passion for youth development, community involvement and a keen interest in learning different perspectives, working together to create a powerful learning environment for youth and staff.
Dates, 2017 Summer Staff
- Staff Training: June 28, 2017 (Required for all new staff. Select administrative, support & workshop staff may start as early as June 24.)
- GYV Session 1: Jul 6-19, 2017
- Intersession: Jul 19-23, 2017 (staff time off & prep for GYV Session 2)
- GYV Session 2: Jul 24-Aug 7, 2017
- Staff Wrap-up: Aug 7-10, 2017 (Staff depart Aug 10.)
Working at GYV is inspiring, challenging, and life changing. Staff are key to creating a cohesive atmosphere focused on cooperation, generosity and respect. Morning workshops emphasize skill building, gaining better understanding of one’s values, and communication. Afternoon and evening activities are lively and fun. Each cabin serves as a second home, where youth bond through personal sharing and informal discussions in a relaxed atmosphere. These varied experiences deepen the participants’ understanding of one another, heightens their sense of themselves as leaders, and fosters enduring global friendships.
Who are we hiring?
Visit the positions page. (As positions are filled, they will be noted at the top of that page.)
GYV hires those who:
- have youth work experience and an ability to excel in a residential setting;
- demonstrate cross-cultural understanding with knowledge of world issues;
- have proven, well developed communication and dialogue skills;
- have a desire to work in a rural summer camp (even with high humidity & bugs!), with the imagination and aptitude to use nature as a teaching tool and opportunity to try new experiences;
- have a strong commitment to safety;
- enjoy the prospect of having limited smart phone usage or getting a cell good signal. (You will be able to check email daily!);
- are creative, flexible, reliable and like to have fun! (Be ready to discover hidden talents!)
- Internationals are welcome to apply!
- Interns and volunteers are welcome as well!
More Questions? Check out – Frequently Asked Questions