JOB DESCRIPTION – Facility Support Services
Responsible for cleaning buildings, ensuring safe, clean facilities. This includes bathhouses, classrooms, other program areas, cabins and pool cleaning. Supports other GYV program areas such as afternoon and evening programs, the GYV Café, etc. as primary duties and skills allow.
- Ability to work well under minimal supervision; capacity to take direction
- Good attention to detail; strong organizational skills
- Physically capable of lifting and moving heavy objects
- Self-motivated; completes tasks in timely manner
- Ability to establish work priorities and respond to unanticipated needs
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others.
- Desire and ability to work in a rural, camp setting.
- Conversant in English.
- Minimum age – 20 preferred. (19 year olds with previous job history will be considered.)
- Holds a valid U.S. or Canadian driver’s license – preferred; not mandatory.
- High School graduate with at least one year post-graduation work experience or education.
Responsible to: Facilities Coordinator
- Daily cleaning of bathhouses (mopping; sink, shower and toilet cleaning; remove trash) and classroom bathrooms.
- Daily pool cleaning (vacuuming, removing leaf debris, sweep deck)
- Clean classrooms, offices and program areas on a rotational basis (vacuuming, removing trash and recycling).
- Stocks bathhouses, classrooms and program areas with supplies
- Helps set-up, arrange and remove tables, chairs, decorations for special events
- Maintains the order in the housekeeping supply areas (cleaning supplies, linens).
- Communicates supply and maintenance needs to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Prepares and cleans guest rooms as needed.
- These may not be the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned. Others may be assigned as required.
- Evaluate procedures and tasks at end of season, making recommendations for next summer.
Secondary Duties (to be determined, depending on skills and interests of the applicant):
- Assist other staff in delivering afternoon activity options (arts & crafts, sports, etc.)
- Assistant lifeguard (Training provided. For swimmer only.)
- Operate GYV’s Café daily (serving snacks)
- Evening Programs– assist with evening events (set-up, breakdown, tech team, delivery)
- Photo documentation
- Physical ability to lift, unload, move supplies and furniture (chairs, folding tables).
- Sensory ability to determine cleanliness of program areas and bathrooms.
- Cognitive and physical ability to operate electrical and mechanical equipment safely (vacuum cleaner, lighting fixtures, etc.).
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards as cited during the fulfillment of tasks.
- Cognitive and communication abilities to carry out multiple functions independently.