Public Relations / Social Media Intern
Founded in 1979, Legacy International is a US-based non-governmental organization with a distinguished history strengthening civil society, building capacity and leadership, and promoting peace around the world. During the past 35 years, Legacy has completed over 185 projects with more than 7,500 leaders, youths, and professionals from 110 countries.
Legacy International is seeking a specialist intern to support press, public relationships and social media for the Global Youth Village program. This is great opportunity to work with a global NGO as it seeks to increase public awareness of our global youth leadership program. A successful candidate will be a creative self-starter, who will work closely with our outreach and marketing professional.
Key duties include: increasing public awareness and brand recognition of the Global Youth Village; building a media list; liaising with US and international media outlets and journalists; writing press releases, blog posts, social media posts; supporting general outreach and marketing duties; assisting with other program duties, as needed, as member of GYV summer staff team.
Dates: July 2 – August 16, 2016; full time. Based at Legacy International’s Global Youth Village in Bedford, Virginia. (While in residence at GYV, housing and meals are provided.)
- Current undergraduate or graduate university student, or recent graduate
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge and experience in social media, press and media relations
- Interest in and committed to goals of Legacy International and the Global Youth Village
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Previous international or cross-cultural experience
- Willingness to live and work in rustic camp setting for 6-7 weeks
- Minimum age, 20 years old.
Terms: A modest stipend is provided. During GYV’s staff training and program delivery, housing and meals will also be provided. Legacy will gladly work with an intern’s college or university to support the intern in earning academic credit for his/her work with Legacy.
Deadline for Applying: April 15, 2016