Applying for a Summer Staff Position
Legacy hires up to 25 summer staff to bring GYV’s transformative experience to life. This success is due, in large part, to carefully selected staff. This process begins with a thoughtful application and interview process.
Before applying, please:
- Review details describing the staff experience. Be sure to note GYV’s “Community Guidelines” for staff and youth.
- Check your calendar to be sure GYV’s dates fit your summer – June 26 – July 23, 2018. First year staff are required to attend staff training. (Select staff may start as early as June 18; to discuss during interview.)
- Non-US citizens living abroad: please read the International Applicants section describing exchange program options.
- Determine which position(s) you would like to apply for. Be sure to review the “essential functions” of the job that interests you (listed in each job description).
- If you are interested in more than one position, please fill out the application for your first choice. Indicate alternate options of interest in a cover letter or email.
Only complete applications will be considered. Once an application is received, the process can take between 3 – 8 weeks. Telephone, Skype or in-person interviews will be arranged for select candidates. Interviews begin in February.
Many hiring decisions are made in mid-March through early May. There is no application deadline. As positions are filled, they will be noted as closed on the GYV website “Positions” page.
2017 Staff Applications & Reference Form: (2018 Application to be posted by January 2. If you wish to apply prior to that date, please use the 2017 application.)
Completed applications and references may be mailed, faxed or emailed to:
Staff Director, Global Youth Village
1020 Legacy Drive
Bedford, VA 24523 USA