Guarantee GYV’s Future: Distance Challenge - November 5th - 8th
“Legacy helps you appreciate the similarities and differences in the human family. Everybody was on equal footing here." Daniel Lakota nation
What is the Distance Challenge?
This is a call to action to join our walk around the world event. Walk on your own or bring your friends and family along, get pledges and help us guarantee that GYV lives on in summer 2021 and beyond! The summer of 2020 was the first time in 41 years, our Bedford campus was eerily silent. We have a goal to raise $20,000 by December 20, 2020. So far we have $4200. Through the Distance Challenge we want to get that figure up to $12,200 or more. Staff, alumni, friends, and family can walk or run together to raise the funds necessary to bring our future youth leaders to the magical and life-changing summer program we all call “GYV." 80 people walking and each raising $100 will do the trick or 61 people walking with each raising $200 also does it. WE COULD EVEN EXCEDE OUR GOAL!
When and Where is the Distance Challenge?
The Distance Challenge will occur on the weekend of November 5th - 8th and is a global experience from Bedford, Virginia, to Cairo, and beyond! A community of walkers will post on Instagram how far they have walked, where they are walking, who has joined them and how much they have raised! In certain cities where there are many alumni, there will be organized locations for walking. However, it is not necessary to join a group, as long as you are racking up those miles and spreading the word, that’s all that matters!
How to Register / Requirements
Getting started is easy:
- Click here to sign up and create your fundraising page.
- Fill out the personalized form.
- Each registrant should attempt to raise a minimum of $200 for their personal fundraising goal. (By gathering $200 in donations, you will automatically be entered into a challenge to win grand prizes!)
- Send your page link out to all your family and friends to reach your fundraising goal by the end of the day on November 8th!
- Don’t forget to share your page on all your social media platforms!
- Encourage your friends and family to join you on this challenge, or sponsor you as a walker!
- Use the hashtag #gyvextramile each time you post on social media so we can follow your story!
All funds raised directly go to support the Global Youth Village, a project of Legacy International. Legacy International is a 501c3 non-profit organization and donations are tax deductible.