Community service projects are the foundation of bridging social barriers. This year we each have the opportunity to serve our neighboring communities by becoming involved in a community project. It is amazing the difference one person can make! National holidays, such as the Martin Luther King Day of Service, provide the perfect venue to get started. Just a few ways you could help out:
• Collecting items for charity such as clothes, food, or furniture.
• Cleaning roadside verges.
• Helping the elderly in nursing homes.
• Helping the local fire or police service.
• Helping out at a local library.
• Tutoring children with learning disabilities.
• Participating in school activities that benefit the wider community.