Work as part of the summer administrative team in implementing program plans by coordinating logistics and designing all-Village schedules, taking into account all the various needs of Village, from cabin life, to special programs and support functions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, schedule events, and manage numerous details for large groups of people.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others based on knowledge of effective cross-cultural relations.
- Ability to establish works priorities, respond to unanticipated needs, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team, ability to manage others.
- Ability to network and motivate staff to bring forth their talents and skills.
- Orderly, able to organize and set reasonable time lines involving copious information and multiple tasks.
- Word processing skills (Microsoft Word & Excel)
- Desire and ability to work in a rural, camp setting.
- Fluent in English.
- High school graduate with at least two-year’s work or university experience.
- Minimum age, 20 years old.
- Prefer if an alumni of GYV, but not required. At minimum, should have some previous camp experience.
- Ability and availability to integrate fully into the Global Youth Village (not a suitable role for a part time, local intern or volunteer)
Responsible To: Staff Director
- Coordinates daily, special schedules during staff training in conjunction with Staff Director
- Devise special schedules for weekends, special events, and varied “transition” days in collaboration with the administrative team: a) Arrival & Orientation Days; b) Weekends; c) Special holidays (i.e. – July 4th), field trips or other events; d) Departure days; e) Intersession day trips for youths staying over an additional session
- Establish and maintain safe system for youths’ cash and other valuables in collaboration with Youth Leadership Coordinator
- Establish rotation for cabin meal clean-ups, waitiering & email / phone times.
- Create staff address list for distribution to youths and staff at end of each session
- Religious observances: a) Coordinate and arrange transportation to church for interested youth & staff; b) Arrange Shabat observance with interested participants & staff. Notifies kitchen staff.
- Plan and execute staff appreciation & morale building events in collaboration with the Administrative Team
- Serve as driver as needed for transporting youths to church or other outings, or for various program related shopping needs as they may arise.
- Route in-house mail between Program office & Staff Lounge, checking box for supply or maintenance requests, communicating these requests to the Facility Manager and/or Staff Director, as needed.
- Process supplies requests, assist staff in ordering supplies for various program departments, researching vendors, etc.
- Assist Staff Director in monitoring and trouble-shooting the laundry system
- Evaluate programming systems at end of season.
Secondary Duties (to be determined, depending on the staff person’s interests and skills) may include:
- Teach electives or offer free time options
- Evening Programs – help w/ select eve events (design / deliver)
- Lifeguard (certification required) or Assistant Lifeguard (no certification required)
- Rock climbing instruction
- Back-up counselor
- Driver (for church outings, local airport pick ups, special shopping needs, etc. (Must be at least 21 years old, with valid US drivers license and a good record.)
- Provide language support to participants as needed (tutoring or small classes)
- Serve as part of the evening programs sound tech team
- Photo documentation
- Ability to effectively communicate with youths and staff, and to provide necessary instruction.
- Ability to communicate to staff and youths the safety regulations and emergency procedures in case of an all-camp emergency.
- Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to area.
- Cognitive and communication abilities to manage large, complex events.
- Ability to operate essential office equipment needed to carry out responsibilities (i.e. telephone, computer, photocopy machine).