This summer, Legacy International is offering 10 U.S. change makers ages 16-19 the opportunity to receive intensive leadership training. Become a peer mentor training other global youth leaders how to make a difference.
Legacy International is a non-profit organization that equips emerging leaders to transform their values and vision into sustainable success. For more than 40 summers, Legacy has operated a one-of-a-kind leadership program for international teens. The GYV experience builds youth leaders who raise the level of engagement and dialogue in their communities on a wide array of subjects. The Global Youth Village (GYV) is situated in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in Bedford Virginia.
- Be between 16 and 19 years old by July 1, 2021;
- Be a resident or citizen of the U.S. with a strong interest in social change;
- Demonstrate leadership at the community level;
- Show initiative, good communication, and an energetic, positive attitude;
- Have the ability to work cooperatively in a team and appreciate the opinions of others;
- Be excited about spending part of your summer outdoors in nature and unplugged
Dates: July 10-25, 2021 15 days at Global Youth Village in Virginia
Scholarship: The scholarship covers tuition, room and board for 15 days valued at $1800. The only cost to you is transportation to and from Bedford Virginia. Covid 19 Protocols
- 25 hours hands-on workshops in leadership, conflict resolution and community dialogue
- A beautiful retreat in the mountains and hikes on Appalachian Trail
- Cultural exchange
- Guest speakers: environmental justice, human rights, sustainable development goals, poverty reduction, public health ...
- Teambuilding, sports, arts, musical performances
- Wellness workshops building a growth mindset
- Certificate in “Leadership and Peacebuilding”