Global Youth Village Scholarship Contest
Contest may only be entered in or from the 50 United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible. This Contest is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States.
How to Enter the Global Youth Village Scholarship Contest. To enter the Contest, first read the Official Rules below. Then submit you essay on “How I can use technology to change the World” with your contact information via mail or e-mail to email@example.com or mail to 1020 Legacy Drive, Bedford, Virginia 24523. The contact information should include your name, mailing address, phone number, birth date (including age), e-mail address. Global Youth Village holds this information as private and will not distribute to any other parties. If you do not include all of the above contact information, you will not be eligible to receive a prize. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest in the event an insufficient number of entries are received that meet the minimum judging criteria. Winning essays may be posted online at www.globalyouthvillage.org and may be used in Global Youth Village and Legacy International promotional materials.
1. The subject matter of your essay must answer the question “How can I use technology to change the world.” All entrants must have a valid email address. Limit one (1) entry per person and only one entry for the same essay. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, postage-due, misdirected entries. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. Start/End Dates. Contest begins at 12:01:01 Eastern Time on February 15 and ends at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time on April 10, 2009.
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia who are between the ages of 15-18 as of June 30, 2010. Void outside of the 50 United States. Employees, officers and directors of Legacy International and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Contest if you are not located within the United States or the District of Columbia. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Judging/Judging Criteria. Judges reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any essay Submissions that are inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language. All essay submissions will be judged by a panel of judges that have the required knowledge and experience to apply the judging criteria. All essay submissions will be judged based on the following judging criteria: (a) overall creativity (20%), (b) content for your proposal on how you can use technology to change the world (70%), and (c) overall grammatical and structural fluency (10%). By entering the Contest, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
5. Prizes. One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive an $800 scholarship towards the tuition of the Peacebuilding Program at GYV upon completion of application. One (1) First Runner Up will receive tuition scholarship valued at $550 towards the Peacebuilding Program at GYV upon completion of application. All remaining submissions may be considered for GYV programs without financial aid upon completion of an application. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions will be allowed except by sponsor who reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any reason. Limit one (1) prize per person.
6. Notification. (changed a bit) Winners will be notified by email on April 15, 2010 and will be required to sign and return completed application within ten (10) days of prize notification. If any winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the Essay Submission with the next highest score. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Privacy and Use of Data: Sponsor will be collecting personal data about entrants online and will not share this information with any third parties without authorized consent.
8. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by April 10, 2009. to: Global Youth Village Essay Contest, 1020 Legacy Drive, Bedford, VA 24523
9. Sponsor. Legacy International, 1020 Legacy Drive, Bedford, VA 24523