Applying for a Summer Job or Internship
Legacy International hires 20 to 25 summer staff and interns to bring GYV’s transformative experience to life. The program's success is due to carefully selected people. This process begins with a thoughtful application and interview process. Before applying, please:
- Review details describing the staff experience.
- Check your calendar to be sure GYV’s dates fit your summer (June 27 - July 25, 2020). First year staff are required to attend staff training. Select staff may start as early as June 24; to discuss during interview.
Once a complete application is received, the process can take between 3 to 8 weeks. Interviews begin in February and are conducted via phone, video call or in-person. Many hiring decisions are made March through early May. There is no application deadline. As positions are filled, they will be noted as closed on the GYV website “Staff Positions” page.
2020 Staff Applications & Reference Form:
If applying for:
- Administrative Staff, Cabin Counselors, Workshop/Teaching Staff & Interns: download Program Staff and Interns Application
- Food Service: download Food Service Staff Application
- Health Care & Support Staff: download Health Care and Support Staff Application
NOTE: All Applicants also need to submit two references, which may be sent in separately from the application. Download blank reference form here.Reference Form (MS Word)
Completed applications and references may be mailed or emailed to:
Staff Director, Global Youth Village
1020 Legacy Drive
Bedford, VA 24523 USA