ESCAPE TO THE COUNTRY. We have a 40 year track record of providing safe, fun and enriching programming for teens every summer. In 2021 , we are offereing one session with a capacity of 40 youths. We are carefully following COVID protocals, adjusting our programming and being super creative. tWe recommend you apply by April 4, to insure your space.
We are also committed to offering a dynamic 2021 virtual program.
This is not just a summer program, it is a path to global citizenship.
The Global Youth Village has welcomed over 5,000 teens form more than 102 countries since 1979. The 16-day international youth leadership summit for ages 15-19 in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia gathers youth leaders from across the globe to create a community.
The Global Youth Village offers dynamic activities fostering cross-cultural understanding and helps young people tap into their potential as agents of change.
Join friends from more than 15 different countries to:
- Tackle the world’s most pressing issues this summer. Learn from experts and champions in peace & conflict, human rights, and climate action.
- Act and mobilize others - create working groups to develop solutions.
- Become a communicator, innovator, decision maker
- Develop your own youth advocacy toolkits to precipitate local community change
Typical Day - Become a peacebuilder and visionary
- Wellness - Explore ways to manage stress and build good mental health habits. Enjoy 45 minute activities each day such as meditation techniques, yoga, exercising, healthy eating, journaling ...
- Community Projects - Get out into nature and work as a team to build nature trails, paint, garden... 10-12 hours during your stay
- Living SidebySide® - 24 hours of training in our a peace building and tolerance curriculum which teaches communication, cultural competency, leadership and problem solving skills. This is the backbone of the Global Youth Village experience.
- Vision 2030 - Vital Youth Voices - 20 hours of training. Explore which global goals critically affect youth development. Education, climate change, unemployment, poverty, gender inequality, conflict, and migration are on the top of the list. Develop ways to to engage youth in your communities to address the SDGs.
- Evening Fun - down time with friends, art nights, cultural sharing events, open-mike nights and more.