This is not just a summer program, it is a path to global citizenship.
Global Youth Village 2020 is a 16-day international youth leadership summit for ages 15-19 in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia. For the past 40 years, we have gathered youth leaders from across the globe for essential training.
The Global Youth Village aims to scale up global, regional, and national actions to meet young people’s needs, realize their rights and tap their possibilities as agents of change.
Join friends from more than 15 different countries to:
- Tackle the world’s most pressing issues this summer. Learn from experts and champions in peace & conflict, human rights, and climate action.
- Act and mobilize others – create working groups to develop solutions.
- Become a communicator, innovator, decision maker
- Develop your own youth advocacy toolkits to precipitate local community change
Over the course of 16 days, your mornings will be in summit mode. This culminates in a plenary session showcasing your resolutions to drive change. GYV 2020 Youth Summit issues include:
PEACE & CONFLICT
What is Peace?
- Access to basic human needs – food, education, healthcare…
- Economic equality
- Gender equality
What is Conflict?
- Unequal access to health care
- Political Insecurity
- Water levels rising
- Unusual weather patterns
Impact on Society
- Displaced People
- Forced migration
- Epidemics / Pandemics – increased risk of human disease
When not in Summit mode you are building friendships, trying new things, and enjoying summer fun. Learn more.
Contact us if you have questions.