The Global Youth Village team continues to evaluate the advisability of offering in -person summer exchanges in 2021. We know that many will prefer robust virtual experiences and so we plan to offer our highly successful virtual summer program again. Virtual GYV builds friendships and explores youth leadership with spaces for up to 100 young people from all over the world and many times zones!
This program is open to :
young people ages 15-18
those with intermediate and advanced English language skills
those with access to a stable internet connection
In this dynamic program you will:
- Make friends from across the globe: Share stories, art, recipes, and your passions in a safe secure setting
- Build important cross-cultural communication skills: Learn how to listen, ask questions, share perspectives and discover shared values.
- Develop leadership skills: Work in small groups (Pathways) with global peers and experts to address the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Helping Hands - Social Justice and Service for all - find local community service needs and share lessons learned with your group, creat digital campaigns to raise awareness of social justice issues. See how the 2020 teams are putting ideas into action.
- CommuniTech for Social Good - learn design thinking and develop app prototypes to address issues of concern to them. Look at what the 2020 group accomplished.
- Crossing Cultures through the Arts - think like an artist, learn techniques to depict your ideas visually, find works depicting solidarity in your communities - Check out the 2020 team's work!
- Global Earth Warriors - Learn the science behind climate change, discuss its humanitarian effects, and take action in your own communities to become agents of change See the 2020 action plans!
- (You)Nited Nations and the Sustainable Development Goals in Action - Explore which global goals critically affect youth development. Education, climate change, unemployment, poverty, gender inequality, conflict, and migration are on top of the list. How do you engage youth in your communities and your countries to address the SDGs. This pathway builds a platform for discussion, includes hands-on activities, and creates the conditions for active engagement.
- Final Showcase and Celebration : Pathways work collaboratively to share out plans. Now you are a Global Youth Village - friends with a shared sense of purpose